Balance changes coming with RoboPass and Boosts removal
We’ve announced tons of new cosmetics that will make their way into the game through this RoboPass which will be released next week. A couple of you have inquired about the balance of the parts with this update, so this DevJam hopes to answer some of those questions.
Time to Kill
The community asked us to remove the Boosts, and so we are removing them with this RoboPass release. Removing Boosts brings with it a huge change to the TTK (Time To Kill), so in order to compensate for this, we’ve had to make some changes to the DPS (Damage Per Second) of the weapons. These change are reflected in the table below.
More like 2014
With such a big change to the balance of the game, we felt it would be a good idea to also make some adjustments to the weapons stats, to make them feel similar to how they were in the early Robocraft days.
When Loot Crates were introduced, weapons were balanced so that a T0 Laser could be as effective as a T5 Laser, as robots were not split by Tiers any Tier of Laser could be used on your robot. They were balanced to be fairly equal when it came to DPS, however, after RoboPass T5 Lasers will be more powerful than T4 Lasers and this pattern will be true for all weapons.
NB: The cooldown (time between shots) and Energy cost per shot have been normalised across weapon Tiers. This makes the firing rate the same for any Tier of that weapon, with Damage per shot, CPU Cost and Health being key differences as you go up the Tiers.
|Type||Tier||CPU Cost||Max Fire Rate||Energy Cost||Damage||Health|
- Cooldown (time between shots) and Energy per shot is the same for each tier of weapon
- Damage and health increase the higher the tier of the weapon
- CPU values of parts are not changing
- TTK(Time To Kill) is going to decrease due to the boost removal
- 20% reduction in speed boost
- Movement part health is getting a 10% increase
- Health and Damage boost are removed
- Laser projectile speeds at low Tier have been increased, so now they are slower as you progress to Tier 5 (meaning a higher skill with Lasers is required at higher Tiers)
Thanks for reading!