Login Register

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook YouTube

What are the apps you use today

Home FORUMS Off Topic What are the apps you use today

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ThePurpleKnight 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

IreneMiku
    Participant

Hi all, I might be applying for new job soon, I’m not good in IT.. and I only play RC, so I would like to ask for RC pro IT guys to help ^ ^;

What are the current popular /important IT stuff that you use for work or self ?

I only know skype / dropbox / google doc / facebook.
    I think there are much more…

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  IreneMiku.
    Gem
    Gem
    Participant

I don’t quite understand what you mean by “IT things” but from the examples you said, I reckon its apps? Like productivity or communication apps? I don’t know what to recommend you because I don’t know the specifics of what your new job requires, but I’ll chip in some anyways.

For college related stuff I communicate with other students and friends I use Line chatting app. For family and teachers, I use WhatsApp, but it requires your actual phone number rather than just making an account. WeChat is also good because its users are very active, especially in the Asian region. For game related stuff, I recommend Discord because its an excellent chatting app for gamers. It’s got a client for both your phone and your desktop, or you can just use the browser version if you don’t want to download anything.

I stopped using Discord because its got a bad, personal sentimental value to me. I have to purge it out of my life.

For file sharing, email attachments are usually enough unless the file size is too large. If so, you would want to use Dropbox or Google Drive. Personally, I use Drive.

In general, you wouldn’t use social media like Facebook or Twitter or maybe even Instagram for jobs, unless it requires you to do public relation work, costumer service or advertising. For that, Twitter is generally better because of how simple it is.

Hope this helps in any way.

IreneMiku
    Participant

Ahh yes it’s helpful. Thanks!! +! = )

Uthael
    Participant

If you’re good with Google Docs, that covers for most of you’ll ever need. Other than that…

– Remembering stuff – LifeRPG, a mobile app. Make stuff you need to do into “missions” or “quests”. Serves as a reminder and encourages you to do stuff you’re too lazy for.

– Learn about protecting the computer you’re working on from unauthorized access and how to clean it of malware if that happens. Higly relevant on older operating systems or computers that come in contact with a cusomer’s USB.

ThePurpleKnight
    Participant

Bonzi buddy

ThePurpleKnight
    Participant

I stopped using Discord because its got a bad, personal sentimental value to me. I have to purge it out of my life.

I stopped using discord because it blocked my account. Thanks discord.

Uthael
    Participant

Bonzi buddy

– Learn about protecting the computer you’re working on from unauthorized access and how to clean it of malware if that happens. Higly relevant on older operating systems or computers that come in contact with a cusomer’s USB.

Bonzi Buddy was a part of my early experience with this.
    http://malware.wikia.com/wiki/BonziBUDDY

Edit: But I can’t deny it’s funny 😛

Kubek0212
    Participant

I use gimp.
    Knowing how to use free photoshop is very useful sometimes.

IreneMiku
    Participant

I use gimp. Knowing how to use free photoshop is very useful sometimes.

Expect no less from the meme master. : P

Wessmania
    Participant

what kind of IT position are you applying for?

Make yourself familiar with your Operating System would be my first advice, and hardware if necessary.
    alot of the programs you had to download yourself 10 years ago often comes pre-packaged on modern systems, winrar and daemon tools for example.

and google everything you dont know, there’s alot of googling random problems and errors in IT.

ThePurpleKnight
    Participant

I use gimp. Knowing how to use free photoshop is very useful sometimes.

MS paint best paint

P.s I have no idea what I’m doing

Kubek0212
    Participant

But also:

gimp is useful and freecm

(^▽^)

In the topic of apps, (I use only free stuff) I used Inkscape (vector graphic program (for making logos, simple pictures, ect.)).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

ThePurpleKnight
    Participant

But also:
    gimp is useful and freecm

(^▽^)
    In the topic of apps, (I use only free stuff) I used Inkscape (vector graphic program (for making logos, simple pictures, ect.)).

mgur.com/a/PIE1d

View post on imgur.com

https://i.imgur.com/XVnWeVI.jpg

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  ThePurpleKnight. Reason: link borke
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.