Login Register

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook YouTube

The One Fundamental Flaw in the Freejam Developmental Process – I Capitulate…

Home FORUMS Robocraft Discussions General Robocraft Chat The One Fundamental Flaw in the Freejam Developmental Process – I Capitulate…

This topic contains 35 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  SaveTheWhales 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

The image says it all. First time in a long time I’ve had direct access to a Freejam developer, in a game no less. I died, and decided to type up a quick feedback. It was during a match filled with speed monsters, so I said that the game is a bit of a mess.

Anyway, this illustrates my point. No amount of technical ability, design philosophy and money will ever work if this is the kind of attitude working behind the scenes. I can understand lack of ability, but what I’ll never accept is poor attitude.

Anyway, this is basically the nail in the coffin. I’ve given up on trying to do my bit for Freejam and Robocraft. Whether it dies or hangs in purgatory, I’m just going to enjoy it while it lasts… If I can enjoy anymore of it.

I feel ye, fam. I mean, you can imagine in the FJ office the person who’s reading the support tickets just responded with dismissive remarks.
    Like, a support ticket came in saying, “oh egads, my roast is ruined!” And the guy who’s in charge of responding just said, “well, don’t ruin your roast, then.”
    Difference being, instead of typing it out into a response, he only nags in his head then closes the ticket, thinking they already responded.

Play for Free, sure. Jam with the community, my ass.

charliefirpo
    Participant

Xbriannova you have to understand lot of the current DEVS are new to the game and never experienced what robocraft was like back in the days.
    Also few of them play the game for real, so they don’t have any ingame experience.

Exceptions are Cluly who plays since the beginning and then got promoted to DEV and JoshJammer the guy who replied to you.

Anyway you cannot expect an awesome reply if you complain in the chat during the game.
    He wasn’t disrespectful , I would have told you the same.
    Shut up and fuckin play.
    There is a place and time to complain, his reaction is understandable.

There is a place and time to complain, his reaction is understandable.

Professionally i would probably have directed someone with complains to the correct place to make complains, but that’s only if i were being professional.

I would have to agree that the attitude seemed less then professional. Although even this complain about a complain should be directed to the correct place to make complains….. but the frustration of trying to make contact only to be thrown to the curb is understandable to why there is even a post about it. It’s not like anyone of worth other then youtube subscriptions ever gets listened to by devs anyway.

I gave feedback, not a complain. I was saying that the game needs to slow down a little.

If it’s a complain, it’d be something like this: “Oh my Godz this game sucks! Go back to your hole, Freejam and make it better lol”

Instead, I identified a problem and gave a solution. Given the setting, I couldn’t come up with an essay. I thought I had seconds (15, in fact) to make an impression and I tried it.

It’s disappointing that I got this.

EDIT: Also, some of you seem to forget… I was dead, so I took the opportunity to write something. You don’t play as anything when you’re dead.

It seems that a good number of people in this community is suffering the same attitude problem. No wonder the folks at Robocraft reddit seem to look down on Robocraft forum.

I’m sorry to say, but the inability to accept feedback is a killer of the creative process, no matter where it is expressed. I am also done participating in this community – which is evident from my many months of absence, actually.

I’m on your side, but what i read that you wrote seems more like a complain about something then feedback. “I wish that….” isn’t exactly the start of useful feedback but whatever, you still made whatever point you tried to make. Even if the point seems as much of a complain about the complain that made you complain.

You don’t need to put a negative connotation to the word complain though. Complaining about bad things could lead to positive changes. Not that i believe Freejam even listens to any negatives.

I’m on your side, but what i read that you wrote seems more like a complain about something then feedback. “I wish that….” isn’t exactly the start of useful feedback but whatever, you still made whatever point you tried to make. Even if the point seems as much of a complain about the complain that made you complain.
    You don’t need to put a negative connotation to the word complain though. Complaining about bad things could lead to positive changes.

Dude, check out the message again:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/915793212794917244/3B403823BC2542DE9679DEB89B011E3E6B0F1A67/

I phrased it that way. I was saying that I miss the old days when Robocraft was slower. I don’t know about you, but that’s neither aggressive nor a complaint. It’s more nostalgic and hopeful than anything.

I still want to emphasize that I made a feedback though, not a complaint, because I wasn’t just talking about what’s wrong with Robocraft. I was pointing backwards and telling him that there was something they’d done right before and they could have used it.

Not that it matters anymore. I highly doubt that there’s going to be any positive changes that will turn around the fate of Robocraft. I think I’m just trying too hard. It’s just that I feel like everything I did in the past on this forum has fallen to deaf ears.

Anyway, back to Darkest Dungeon… Now, at least the Developers there didn’t give the Hellion a 500% boost in damage or something.

*Thats it, its the best game developers ever*

Seriously, If a FJ dev said, FJ is now over for me.

Pradgoes
    Participant

I phrased it that way. I was saying that I miss the old days when Robocraft was slower. I don’t know about you, but that’s neither aggressive nor a complaint. It’s more nostalgic and hopeful than anything.

You phrased it like “Game is shit now – so make it more the way i want it ” you didnt identify shit ….

Who cares anyways , RC is dying , lets hope it will be sooner than later .

WhatsTheMetaToday
    Participant

Professionally i would probably have directed someone with complains to the correct place to make complains, but that’s only if i were being professional.

I sometimes direct people to go cry in the forums if they hate something

Anyway you cannot expect an awesome reply if you complain in the chat during the game.
    He wasn’t disrespectful , I would have told you the same.

Me too
    To be honest, I would get kinda annoyed when I am trying to enjoy a game and people start complaining to me in game… It makes the experience less fun when people are always telling you what to do… Anyone want to be reminded of what they have to do at work constantly? No, that doesnt sound fun at all…

danterzo
    Participant

The response in and of itself can be explained away, was it not typical for the underlying condescending tone in which FJ has treated its playerbase throughout the years.

You phrased it like “Game is shit now – so make it more the way i want it ” you didnt identify shit ….
    Who cares anyways , RC is dying , lets hope it will be sooner than later .

Ironically, if Freejam had seen what you wrote word for word, they would have been justified to respond the way they did.

What I wrote is the complete opposite of yours. I avoided inflammatory language, and I identified the fact that the game is too fast, and as a result, ‘a mess’.

Anyway, your nihilistic, defeatist attitude tells me that, pardon the inflammatory language, you don’t give a damn about anything – not Freejam, not Robocraft.

NovaLegion
    Participant

Honestly, I don’t think FJ gives one single molecule of a crap about this game anymore. They’re just milking it at this point.
    How the mighty have fallen.

NovaLegion
    Participant

Xbriannova you have to understand lot of the current DEVS are new to the game and never experienced what robocraft was like back in the days. Also few of them play the game for real, so they don’t have any ingame experience.
    Exceptions are Cluly who plays since the beginning and then got promoted to DEV and JoshJammer the guy who replied to you.
    Anyway you cannot expect an awesome reply if you complain in the chat during the game. He wasn’t disrespectful , I would have told you the same. Shut up and fuckin play. There is a place and time to complain, his reaction is understandable.

Your logic is full of so much bullshit it hurts.
    First of all, it isn’t complaining if you are saying it to someone who can do something about it.
    Second of all, Who the hell taught you to accept things for what they are, to just submit and bend over. We’ve seen the past of this game. We’re tired of this shit storm that is current robocraft. We want to see change. I’m so sick and tired of the devs attitudes and the kiss ass people like you.

SaveTheWhales
    Participant

The DEV must have heard this countless numbers of times, since people demand a slower game since 2013.

Does that mean the Dev should respond that way (or at all)? Probably not. That’s just bad PR.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.