Login Register

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook YouTube

Robocraft Developer Q&A Livestream

Home FORUMS Announcements News & Announcements Robocraft Developer Q&A Livestream

This topic contains 35 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  leftofnever 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Rail Stabber

Oh God T1 rails, that actually sounds like fun. Gatling rails anyone?

Also. Will we ever get some kind of heavy beam cannon? I love overpowered laser pointers…

Robo_NB_ALPHA
    Participant

Will you ever add a gift system to your shop. If I want to give a prize to my top sxp earner in my clan my only current option is to use one of their bots over & over. I would like to be able to buy a code for a day of prem or a few crates.

makishimazero
    Participant

Custom Games mk2 when ?

Uthael
    Participant

Are you planning on developing another game in forseeable future? If so; will it be an upgrade to Robocraft or something completely different?

Terran Guard YT
    Participant

will free to play recycle rate be boosted by 3X, same as premium?

we already get half the items so we only get a third of half of what premium gets.

Awesome_Soul
    Participant

Right now TX armor has such a niche use that you never see it on on anything other than a handful of flyers, and even then that is pretty rare from what I have seen.

The TX cube is meant as the light and nimble alternative, however with the relationship between weight and speed removed, and in it’s place we have the Speed Boost system, there isn’t nearly as much of a point in making light bots as there used to be. This means that the light weight properties of TX have very little benefit to a robot.

Personally, I like to see them get a very small speed boost bonus added to them, so they can truly be the fast, light, and nimble alternative I assume they are designed to be.
    What would you do if you were to rework the TX cube, if at all?

Also, what are your thoughts on the state of the PSK? Will it be getting a rework, or is it staying as is?

Keep up the good work, and thank you for taking the time to answer all the community’s questions. 🙂

jimmymcgoochie
    Participant

A few questions I want answered, but won’t be able to join the livestream to ask there:

1) Can we get the old wing controls back now? (Seriously, how many times do we need to ask for this? Old wings brought back as “aerofoils” as opposed to the current wings/rudders, unpowered and unassisted; a hotkey to switch the assistance stuff off in flight; even a check box option to make wings fly with the original and vastly superior axial controls- pitch, roll and preferably with the addition of yaw- instead of the horribly limited easy-mode press-left-go-left nonsense we got stuck with). As someone who actually knows how planes work and could use the old controls to considerable effect (or just fly around doing loops and barrel rolls because WHY NOT) the new controls are rubbish: you can’t control your direction of movement nearly as well, agility is all but gone, the ability to dive rapidly to the ground is gone, any form of evasive flight is gone and instead all we got that wasn’t there before was a vastly overdone VTOL system (switch it off at hover height! any higher is overkill) and the most hand-holding, auto-assisted flight system I’ve ever seen which requires minimal skill to use and made my once-great planes handle like shipping containers or in some cases the ships said containers are shipped on. Doing aerobatics to evade enemy fire or get into a position to land a final shot was half the fun, and most of the skill, of flying a plane and that’s all gone now; there was no real reason to remove it, wings have always been a high-skill movement and if you want an easy flier BUILD A COPTER.
    (/rant)

2) When are mortars going to be turned into a proper mortar/artillery weapon instead of the short-medium range thing we have now?

I’ve seen about six people so far doing proper artillery-type shots over obstacles or from the base of a cliff to the top, and everyone else just blasts stuff at point-blank range or stuffs it in a box and explodes themselves and anything around them while taking no damage because there’s no friendly fire.

Mortars should be a long-range, high-skill, area-denial weapon that can fire from cover to take on those irritating mega rail spider-bots, provide supporting fire to help teammates capture or defend a point or drop shells on enemies hiding behind stuff, NOT as a point-blank blast cannon that can single-handedly take on multiple enemies on a capture point and have a range similar to protoseekers!

Mortars need some serious changes: minimum elevation 30 degrees, and tied to the horizon instead of being relative to the bot it’s mounted on (no more tilt-bots); minimum flight time 1 second before the shell explodes, so you can’t use it at close range (no more bomb-boxes or mortar-shotgunning); dramatically increased range, probably by boosting the projectile speed as the drop rate is OK- this along with minimum elevation would dramatically increase its minimum range making it a true ranged weapon; and how about a trajectory indicator on the HUD to make it slightly more user-friendly especially at long ranges- I imagined either a map-based RMB aim mode for true artillery firepower, or a mild aim-assist that adjusted elevation to aim at the point your crosshairs were pointed at and drop the shells at that point, but right now shooting with any kind of range is almost entirely guesswork.

3) What’s the word on bringing out the full custom games system? This should be a high priority, definitely above cosmetic stuff like googly eyes or chicken legs or yet another new weapon, like we don’t already have enough of those…

4) MMR- what’s the future with ranking? The current system is too broad-brush and treats everyone the same in each team: whether they carried their team but ultimately lost or blundered around and shot one enemy one time in the same team, everyone gains or loses MMR according to which team wins AND NOTHING ELSE. This is bad.

An improved ranking system would consider, among other things, how much a player contributed to the battle: kills and assists, not dying, damage/heals and especially capturing which is totally under-rewarded considering it’s the main objective of arena 2.0!

I’ve seen several ranking systems in other games, and I much prefer those that give individual players rewards even if their team loses if that player does really well. Lumping everyone together penalises the good players who happen to get a bad team and rewards bad players who happen to get a good team in each individual battle; the MMR gain/loss should be determined AT MOST half by which team wins/loses and the rest from individual performance (kills/assists, not dying etc.) so that team-carrying performances are rewarded and team-dragging ones are penalised regardless of the outcome. This COULD be related to leaderboard position, but only if capping got more points in the score total and also-

On a related note:

5) When is the score doubler getting scrapped? I raised this point months ago on a robostream and it got noted by the jammers but nothing came of it; it was pointless when it first appeared and has yet to find a purpose since then, get rid of it and let each player’s true performance be visible. Binning the doubler would also make it easier to do an MMR system based on individual performance as the best players in either team would have the highest scores and would be rewarded as such- this was how ranking was originally designed, but that was again too heavily tied to winning or losing with the top half of the scoreboard gaining rank if they won or not losing it if they lost, and the bottom half of the scoreboard losing rank if they lost but not if they won, equating the best of the losing team with the worst of the winning one ESPECIALLY when the score doubler got involved and turned it into a winners gain/losers lose scenario. Remove the score doubler and let the MMR system reward everyone according to their own individual performance as well as the whole team’s.

6) Are there any plans to bring back the old special cube paints/textures? The red/green metallic effect on T10 and hallow cubes looked great, and could be rolled out as a special premium paint to let non-premium players get access to more of the normal paint colours. A minor thing, yes, but it would be great to see that metallic effect coming back!

And a last little question, not related to how the game is now at all:

7) Does the game music from late 2014 still exist? If so please put it in the game as a retro thing, that music was the best! (Before it went all weird and synthesiser-y at some point in 2015, I turned the music off at that point for about a year, the current music is good but the really old stuff was the best!)

STASIBOMB
    Participant

Will you implement any competitive play for high end players? Maybe a competitive clan rankings system?

lashedpoppy17
    lashedpoppy17
    Participant

When will FJ do another Quality of Life Poll? (suggested answer: after reconnect is finished)

When will we have another artbot contest?

Are you guys considering wings update to desaturate these forums?

Are you guys considering plasma rework?

Are you guys considering a tesla rework? They are pretty bad at the moment.

Will tank tracks be heavier? Will mass matter (see what I did there)?

How’s the progress on Insect Leg rework?

When will Custom Games MK2 arrive?

Will thruster CPU and individual speed boost both be increased?

What do you guys think about my this thing?

Conquest Gamemode

What do you guys think about my video:

Why did you choose to do a Q & A livestream?

≾ Sheepy ≿
    Participant

flamethrower next weapon?? :3

make it acid and then i’ll be happy llol

xisecro
    Participant

In the past we were able to comment some patch notes or
    other news orderly in the same “official” and pinned thread:

Why did you start disabling comments in forum news?
    for example, in the last balance changes.

sandrotbg
    sandrotbg
    Participant

When are we going to get the old wings back?

Horizontally flying mechs (Superman-like) are dead because of the disgraced wing update. Right now I have 6 bots sitting in their garages.

xisecro
    Participant

Are you considering some changes to make the mortar a long range weapon, as many people expected?

Do you like how the new mortar is working right now? any thing that would you like to change or improve?

FreeJamDan
    Developer Jammer

7) Does the game music from late 2014 still exist? If so please put it in the game as a retro thing, that music was the best! (Before it went all weird and synthesiser-y at some point in 2015, I turned the music off at that point for about a year, the current music is good but the really old stuff was the best!)

Hey,

The old music was great, there is playlist on youtube containing both the new and old music. Unfortunately it won’t be added back to the game anywhere as far as I know.

Thanks,

Cormy1
    Participant

When will FJ do another Quality of Life Poll?
    Are you guys considering plasma rework?
    Are you guys considering a tesla rework?
    When will Custom Games MK2 arrive?
    What do you guys think about this thing?

Why did you choose to do a Q & A livestream?

Damn dude no wonder that vid took you so long to make, that was a pretty big job.
    Good questions too

The old music was great, there is playlist on youtube containing both the new and old music. Unfortunately it won’t be added back to the game anywhere as far as I know.

Playlist is good, but where can it be downloaded?

Are you going to increase thruster/prop base speed?
    Are you going to buff Helium?
    Will you give the option to choose test map for custom games?
    Are you going to increase team buff to half of the value required to compensate for lost players?
    Are you going to reduce XP numbers to bring them back to reasonable levels and increase rewards accordingly?
    Will you introduce a new chassis piece that is either Y, X or H shaped as a junction/splitter block?

A Y Piece/Junction/Splitter

Will you fix health cube hitboxes?

@freejam: 5 second showcase/test of hitboxes PLEASE JUST TAKE A MOMENT

How about EP hitboxes? Electroshield A should have 3X3 hitbox in-game for sure.
    Will you further reduce the death % threshold?
    Will Gliese Lake and Hellion Crater be added to TDM rotation?
    Will you change the default camera position to be centered on CoM?
    Scoreboard revamp, with weapon slot information?

‘Do you think updates in recent made game more like you intend(better)?’
    Because if so, i’m not your target audience and should leave.

What is the difference between full release and alpha Robocraft?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Robocraft Developer Q&A Livestream’ is closed to new replies.