Login Register

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook YouTube

Robocraft Robot Review main thread, send me cool bots! :)

Home FORUMS Robocraft Discussions Robo Engineering & Tips Robocraft Robot Review main thread, send me cool bots! :)

This topic contains 126 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  CaptainMaxwell 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • Author

Nadrac
    Participant

IGN : Rafyfou
    Bot name : Rhino Beetle
    Itโ€™s a artsy 2000 CPU tank. Kind of an advanced Robo3.

Nice take on good old robo3, cool looks without spending way too much on cosmetics.

@nadrac
    I watched your video and you asked for instructions so I will firstly tell what you should never do as a blimp, especially on clubs.
    You do not get close to your enemies, you do not engage tanky robots without assistance, and thirdly your supposed to stay at high altitude.
    Ok now to tell you what you should do.
    Firstly you need to use plasma more, smgs are for anti air and also sniping components off. Then you need to stealth, afterwards you also need to strafe while moving either forwards or backwards to have good strafing ability, think of your strafing like your moving in a diagonal form.
    Alright thanks for reviewing my bot.

Haha, that means i don’t get my blimp driving license? Why do i have the feeling i failed the safety course? ๐Ÿ˜€

Perhaps you should make a blimp for crazies ๐Ÿ™‚

Mr.Biscotti
    Participant

@nadrac

Get Spades, its tanky and it suits better for close range.

Normalwizard
    Participant

Heh got some good chuckles @nadrac

Looking forward to the @rafyfou ‘s bot

@Mr.Biscotti why did you use the smaller propellers… i used mine the big ones as shields they take a lot of punishment.

Mr.Biscotti
    Participant

@normalwizard

Smaller props are easier to lift and I do not treat props as shields, rather as just like better external thrusters.

Also do you have some pics of your robot you can show ?

Normalwizard
    Participant

My bot is the shotgun propbox thing in the video any survivability it has is thanks to the props, the big ones have much better hp/cpu ratio. Using external thrusters and or propellers as armor is long lived tradition in Robocraft.

Nadrac
    Participant

It’s finally out, the next will come out on thursday, and with that i am out of bots, so i challenge you all to send in the most fun bots.

Heh got some good chuckles @nadrac

Glad to hear ๐Ÿ˜€

cataphrat1
    Participant

Thanks for the review, but you forgot camera controls ๐Ÿ˜›

Nadrac
    Participant

Thanks for the review, but you forgot camera controls ๐Ÿ˜›

On the bright side, it works well with the strafe keys ๐Ÿ˜€

ORCA1911
    Participant

I’m merely a beginner but i would like to see what people with advanced equipment could do with them, IGN ORCA1911, try the sunfish chassis or the bumblebee, i had a ton of fun with both ๐Ÿ˜€

Nadrac
    Participant

Moon Scream is out and ready to roll.

Itโ€™s finally out, the next will come out on thursday, and with that i am out of bots, so i challenge you all to send in the most fun bots.

IGN: “eleazr”

“DB10 SAAB J21” – fairly sluggish for my preferences, but it’s a fully combat capable artsy model aircraft that I enjoy taking it out for a spin.
    “Stinger” – my best micro rail sprinter. It’s no longer meta, but I occasionally still take it out to dust it off.
    “Mach C101\13 – A” my heavily modified clone of Rafyfou’s outstanding “Mach” aircraft. I play this one lots, but the basic design is Rafyfou’s and not mine.

Hi please try my bots, i have only my best bots in the crf, a carbon smg plasma hover, a ion copter, and 2 planes, one of them can reach any height before reaching the wall,

luluburn
    Participant

you already have a long list but might as well try, username= luluburn, bot= TSUNAMI

TheLiquidToast
    Participant

Not sure how well it may do in battle in the hands of a more professional player but here’s a shot:

IGN: TheLiquidToast
    Bot: S Y N C O P A T E
    Desc: Best used as a support bot behind other tanks or with another bot since most of the CPU is used for armor. It has a LOML strapped to the back for anti-air and has several SMG’s equipped. The bot is mostly covered with EP’s save for a few spaces.

Edit the bot in any way you see fit.

When you clear most of your list, I’ll be more than sure to send in some more bots later on ๐Ÿ˜€

__none__
    Participant

here is one more.
    user:__none__
    bot:robopointer

a fast sprinterblink. i always play smg but that a matter of taste.
    i have the fully equipped bot and just the chassis in the crf.
    alot of weaponredundancy combined with low cpu. weak point are the legs but has high velocity.
    i have alot of fun with it. give it a try and thx for thw work you put into this.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 127 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.