Login Register

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook YouTube

PSA: Removal of Cosmetics from Forge on 24th August

Home FORUMS Announcements News & Announcements PSA: Removal of Cosmetics from Forge on 24th August

This topic contains 124 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by  snaiiper 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 125 total)
  • Author

Gribb
    Developer Jammer

Hi all,

I bring some big news! Currently we’re working on adding new functionality to our in-game cosmetics which will allow players to use several cosmetics on a single robot without sacrificing any CPU, in addition to giving some cosmetics some other groovy abilities which we’ll reveal later this month.

Due to adding this new functionality we are planning to eliminate the ability to craft all items currently listed in the ‘Cosmetics’ category as well as cosmetic variants of other parts that are in the Forge. This includes all Carbon 6 variants as well as Vampire Bat and cosmetic electroplate parts. To be clear, this isn’t us removing these items from the game, we are simply removing the ability forge them with Robits as part of an update coming on 24th August.

With this new feature and putting cosmetic parts in crates only, we want to cosmetics to be really special and a desired item in Robocraft. Just imagine finding a set of Googly Eyes* or a nice hat* for your Robot in a reward crate before your mates? How excited would you be? Pretty excited I’d imagine.

For clarity’s sake, here’s the list of items being removed from the Forge menu:

• Altimeter
    • Speedometer
    • Headlamp
    • Vapor Trail Single
    • Vapor Trail Twin
    • Robot Name Banner
    • All Country Flags
    • All Cross Promotion Flags (Overwolf, Yogscast Holoflag, Alienware)
    • Robocraft Holoflag
    • All Alienware Mask Parts (Ear Left, Ear Right, Head Left, Head Right)
    • All Ninja Mask Parts (Bandana Left, Bandana Right, Head Left, Head Right, Lower Mask Left, Lower Mask Right)
    • All Scary Mask Parts (Eyes Left, Eyes Right, Horn Left, Horn Right, Jaw Left, Jaw Right)
    • All OverWolf Mask Parts (Ear Left, Ear Right, Eye Left, Eye Right, Jaw Left, Jaw Right)
    • All Football Mask Parts (Guard Left, Guard Right, Face Left, Face Right, Helmet Left, Helmet Right)
    • All Honeydew Mask (Horns Left, Horns Right, Face Left, Face Right, Beard Left, Beard Right)
    • Spike
    • All Mech 7 Mask Parts (Jaw Left, Jaw Right, Nose Left, Nose Right, Ear Left, Ear Right, Jaw Left, Jaw right, Face Left,
    • Face Right, Ear Left, Ear Right)
    • All Rhino 8 Mask Parts (Ear Left, Ear Right, Jaw Left, Jaw Right, Nose Left, Nose Right)
    • All Eagle Mask Parts (Neck Left, Neck Right, Feathers Left, Feathers Right, Face Left, Face Right)
    • All Cockpit Cosmetic Parks (Front Left, Front Right, Mid Left, Mid Right, Top Left, Top Right)
    • All Glass Cubes (Cube, Edge, Corner, Inner, Edge Round, Corner Round, Inner Round)
    • All Carbon 6 items (Health Cube with C6 logo, Health Cube with CARBON letters, Sprinter Leg Hermes Carbon 6, Thruster Cheetah Carbon 6, Top Laser Disintegrator Carbon 6, Laser Leviathan Carbon 6, Plasma Devastator Carbon 6,
    • Plasma Goliathon Carbon 6, )
    • All Bat items (Bat Wing, Bat Rudder)
    • All Vampire Bat items (Vampire Bat Wing, Vampire Bat Rudder)
    • All cosmetic versions of Electroplates (Football Plate Left, Football Plate Right, Spiked Plate Left, Spiked Plate Right)
      Wolf Leg

Additionally, League Badges will remain forgeable in the cosmetics category at your leisure and will only unlock when you reach the appropriate level in League Arena.

At the time of this post going live you have just under two weeks to forge as many of these items as you see fit, and after that time cosmetics will only appear in Salvage Crates (either earned in battle or purchased).

If you have any questions, feel free to pop them in the forum thread.

Thanks,

*Please note we are not confirming the existence of these parts

McNugg2710 [UG]
    Participant

Why tho

CaptainMaxwell
    Participant

how can we buy artbots then, will it be impossible?
    and why remove c6 items? getting c6 things will be almost impossible then (like, it takes about 10 crates to get a c6 SMG, but I need at least 5 on one bot…)

animal98
    Participant

how can we buy artbots then, will it be impossible? and why remove c6 items? getting c6 things will be almost impossible then (like, it takes about 10 crates to get a c6 LSD, but I need at least 5 on one bot…)

kill1943
    Participant

Finally making some constant profit?
    That’s good for the game.

Thetos
    Participant

I don’t like where this is going 🙁
    yes long term players have all the cosmetics, they have all the parts, all the money, everything.
    but personnally I d’ont, and I won’t forge any cosmetics, because I can’t afford to spend on cosmetics.

Gribb
    Developer Jammer

It will still be possible to buy artbots as long as you have the cosmetics which that bot uses already. We know that the vast majority of our long term players already have all the cosmetics already and there is plenty of time to get them before they are removed from the forge.

We don’t want anyone to be shortchanged on this transition for cosmetics, and we have some awesome new functionality for cosmetics which we’ll be revealing really soon.

We need you guys to help spread the word about this change as much as possible, so everyone who plays the game currently has a chance to forge the cosmetics they want before they become unforgeable on the 24th.

Wauzirex
    Participant

“cosmetic parts in crates only”

didn´t you think its too late for this now? you should make cosmetics since the beginning of crates only accessable through crates… so now its too late people already have TONS of cosmetics and there are no special anymore… until you adding atleast 20 new cosmetic items or more into your game to give people the mod to hunt theese new things down…

as he says:

Finally making some constant profit?
    That’s good for the game.

should be since the beginning of cosmetics… cosmetics are that hot thing people would lose their money to get them but since “everyone has/can get everything” its meaningless…

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Wauzirex.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Wauzirex.

killhead98
    Participant

I don’t like this idea very much at all. But I’m interesting to see how it turns out.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  killhead98.

CaptainMaxwell
    Participant

in a reward crate before your mates

So this… lol (I think dan passed this to sergii from that feedback post)
    EDIT: lol found it:

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  CaptainMaxwell. Reason: s*** wrong pic
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

≾ Sheepy ≿
    Participant

Why tho

seriously WHY THO

Wauzirex
    Participant

We need you guys to help spread the word about this change as much as possible, so everyone who plays the game currently has a chance to forge the cosmetics they want before they become unforgeable on the 24th.

why not make an ingame message for this as you normally do? so EVERYONE would get it and no one would feeling disadvantaged.

LEoREo_2247
    Moderator Jammer

MARK98
    Participant

1. Please, make a ingame notice or something so that it is noticable for everyone, for those who do not use twitter.

2. Cosmetic not consuming cpu so that not affacting performances? Agreed. Highly welcomed.

3. Cosmetics unforgeable? quite pointless + not agreed. This game is Sandbox game. Now we have to rely on RNG GOD to decorate your bot? I myself have millions of Robits, therefor can buy some spare cosmetics atm, but what about poor guys?

k_4-far
    Participant

Will the drop rate be lowered so badly, new currency introduced? Why should we hurry.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.