Login Register

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook YouTube

OK FJ… After that spectacular crash and burn…

Home FORUMS Robocraft Royale Discussions General Robocraft Royale Chat OK FJ… After that spectacular crash and burn…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  traso56       [CF-Alliance]       {spy} 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I think you need to take a big step back… Even if I think RR did not deserve the amount of hatred it received.

The Royal market might seem like a good pursuit ATM, however its becoming over saturated as Battle Royal slowly shifts from a game to a genera… Seriously even World of tanks is trying to take a bite out of that and so is crossout. I personally believe you need to differentiate yourself from the typical “Solo” royal if you ever want a chance… Like focus more heavily on team combat elements.

Like a 50v50 super battle between E-14 and the CF-A as they fight for the entire island sector by sector. Think planetside 2 + Robocraft… You have the map scale to do it. Devide the map into sectors that need to be captured… Have a set of cap points to take each sector, of which each sector would be similar to having to hold points in BA to win. You must hold all 3 points to take a sector in 3 minutes. Drop in drop out type of combat. It wouldn’t matter if you left or joined because the battle would always be going. I’m thinking specific building stations at the main base or scattered around the map for you to change bots and make edits based on weapons you buy with earned RP. Maybe even the occasional rampageing megabot

Also in my opinion… Change the map from Earth to Mars or GJ1214b. This allows you to get rid of the trees which honestly look like shit. And are probably a source of lag for some people. It would fit RR a lot more if it was on a different planet maybe change up the water color to be a nitrogen sea or something. In place of the trees you could use ice spires or rock formations.

3rd when it comes to building I think you a should find and scavenge parts from dead bots.. In order to do modifications you need to call for a garage drop pod which will take about a minute to fly in. Once it lands you can enter it and build freely… But… An enemy player can come along and destroy the pod leaving you on the ground with whatever you had while building… Which would be pretty inconvenient if you were a dolt who called his pod in on an open field…

I personally think focusing on team combat makes no difference when it comes to BR’s. If the gameplay is consistent and has good flow then it should work regardless. So if you can make a good solo Battle Royale, team modes will naturally fit anyway.

The problem that Fortnite saw with 50v50 was the disparity of players between teams by the end. I think a lot of people complained that most battles would end in a 4v20 etc….. which i still very much enjoyed (being part of the smaller team). But it’s the same type of complainers that made FreeJam devs change Robocraft to be so lacking in intelligent building and gameplay tactics. “This is too hard” types!

I had thoughts many years ago about a drop in drop out on going battle style of game, but i broke the concept down as something that just wouldn’t work. It couldn’t retain play-ability.

Pjetkovic
    Participant

I personally like RR because I dont have be in team and I am not relying on anyone. And yes – there are some optimization troubles but after all that game definitively did not deserve so much hatred. Unfortunately internet gives the voice to young, weak, irresponsible and/or stupid people too – and they are very loud usually…

I personally like RR because I dont have be in team and I am not relying on anyone. And yes – there are some optimization troubles but after all that game definitively did not deserve so much hatred. Unfortunately internet gives the voice to young, weak, irresponsible and/or stupid people too – and they are very loud usually…

I personally think focusing on team combat makes no difference when it comes to BR’s. If the gameplay is consistent and has good flow then it should work regardless. So if you can make a good solo Battle Royale, team modes will naturally fit anyway.
    The problem that Fortnite saw with 50v50 was the disparity of players between teams by the end. I think a lot of people complained that most battles would end in a 4v20 etc….. which i still very much enjoyed (being part of the smaller team). But it’s the same type of complainers that made FreeJam devs change Robocraft to be so lacking in intelligent building and gameplay tactics. “This is too hard” types!
    I had thoughts many years ago about a drop in drop out on going battle style of game, but i broke the concept down as something that just wouldn’t work. It couldn’t retain play-ability.

I’m not thinking of an elim type thing, I’m thinking about basically a big never ending battle where you don’t really need to care about what players your around. Your simply just a bunch of redsvblues similar to planetside 2.

Just throwing that one out there… Because I think its an interesting idea.

But I still believe they should change the setting to mars or GJ1214b. It would be much more unique to RR and they can replace the trees with something that looks nicer. Up close the trees look alright but they look like shit farther away then in your face. It would also fit Robocraft’s normal style a lot more.

As well as the call in drop pod garage bay and part scavenging

Avestron
    Participant

It would be a shame to scrap the entire Earth map. Perhaps simply replace the trees or their texture, simplify some vertices.

I personally LIKE the suggestion of a 50 v 50 ‘but’ what if we change this to individuals, with platoons of up to 5 bots, with a single platoon who have ‘control’ over a sector?

There are various benefits to having control of a sector, including a 5 minute period (while the other 95 are queueing) (‘or’ retaining the bot/ equipment from the previous fight) where one is able to scrounge ahead of time and ‘maybe’ take up a defending position.

To help prevent a slaughter of players as they come down from the sky, give the incoming players ‘intel’ on the locations of the defending player/ team so that they may avoid them (and give them stealth advantages against being highlighted to those already on the ground).

Then rain pods down from above and let chaos ensue for control of the sector.

It would be a shame to scrap the entire Earth map.

Wouldn’t need to scrap it. Literally a new coat of paint and lighting and it could be mars or on ice

Sheep_wielder
    Developer Jammer

Hey guys, don’t worry you’ll see the Map and the Vanguard again we wouldn’t waste those assets 🙂

Robocraft Royale is in hiatus atm while we decide how best to move forward with all your feedback.
    You guys wanted crafting so we’re going to integrate more directly with Robocraft in order to achieve this while maintaining its separate identity.
    We learnt alot from the experiment and so when we have something more concrete to tell you be the 1st to know.

i would like if you added suggestion from 2013 when you control sectors and have to mine for protonium, there would be also some areas where only air units can be there (lava ground or something else) an intense cave system perfect for insect legs, a smooth place with cover for cars, dark places where you need headlamps and windowmakers, the possibilites are endless and oh boy i would play that game a lot

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.