Login Register

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook YouTube

I would not pay for this game

Home FORUMS Robocraft Royale Discussions General Robocraft Royale Chat I would not pay for this game

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Yang_Tomoe Yang_Tomoe 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Yang_Tomoe
    Yang_Tomoe
    Participant

I am a premium lifetime member for Robocraft.

The largest number of people in the games that i have seen is 24, that’s less than 1/4 of the promised 100 players.

Perhaps if you added Ai bots to make up the difference I might be more excited about the game, but then what do you do if all the human players get killed?

No reward system, No teamplay, No gamer tags, well under the 100 player limit, No power ups, No buffs, No fun…..

5:00 min wait time at the “lobby” + 3:00 min wait time to load in = 8:00 min. Then you get into the game, but you never know…you could die in 2:00 or not see anyone for 11:00 like in the vid below….. 11:00 min + 8:00 = 19:00 min of nothing fun. And you want people to pay for this? Seriously?

ok a little bit more math…..

16:00 min of gameplay in the vid – 11:00 min of no action = 5:00 of actual fun gameplay.

so….. in a single session I spent 19:00 being bored, and 5:00 having “Fun”.

I mean people in game still don’t know what the weapons are, or how to heal, or how to recharge weapon energy….. I mean it’s obvious that they guy at the 15:20 on the vide does not know how to play at all….. I should have died against that bot. He had ions and got in close range….but i suppose he was out of energy.

Why would you even call this game ROBOCRAFT Battle Royale…. if you can’t CRAFT a ROBOT?

Not to mention that the bots are hardly what I would call “Combat ready”

The only way i can see this working is if it is added to Robocraft as an additional mode. Otherwise you are just wasting everyone’s time.

In many of the vids put on youtube where players are singing it’s praises for this game, the players obviously have no idea what the difference is between the weapons systems or movement systems. Now don’t get me wrong I am not putting this guy down….just using his vid to demonstrate the general ignorance of a NEW PLAYER. This is entirely on Freejam.. because there is NO WAY for a NEW PLAYER to have any idea of what constitutes a good or bad bot If this is the only version of Robocraft they have played.

Come look at my other posts and help to keep some of them on the front page by giving the post at least a +1 if you agree with them.
    Thanks! =^.^=

https://robocraftgame.com/forums/users/yang_tomoe/ << Click here to see more!

https://robocraftgame.com/forums/topic/ok-weve-played-the-new-wings-for-enough-wheres-fj-on-them/ << Click here to join the resistance!

ErlMarc
    Participant

Hope you understand that it is on “Early Access” or experimental phase of the game. Its a prototype meant to see if things would work out and see what would be needed to do to make it playable and likeable, its too early to decide whether to purchase it or not unless the game is not your type.

Yang_Tomoe
    Yang_Tomoe
    Participant

I am pretty sure it says in the launch window that they are so confident in this game that they have a firm launch date of March 26th….. and I quote here from the webpage where it says……

“We’re so close to being a viable polished game the we have a Steam Early Access date for March 26th, as a standalone PC game, priced at $19.99. If you like what you’ve seen so far please “Wish List us.”

In my opinion there is a lot more work to be done before this game is ready for launch and I just don’t see how that is possible by the March 28th deadline.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but that’s what it looks like to me.

IMO powerups/buffs would kill the experiment quicker then it could already die.

One of the big secrets to a battle royale success is the ability for players to collect weapons and items that create more options for a player to employ a much wider range of tactics as well as give players something to do on a massive map while traversing from A to B. This is missing from Robocraft replaced by finding a single bot and the only loot is health packs and ammo.

Powerups/buffs DON’T expand player options or tactics. It will lower TTK which is something you probably don’t want on such a huge map. After you’ve been driving around for a few minutes the last thing i would want is for the few battles you do come across to be over in seconds but that’s virtually how it is now, it’d be even worse with more buffs etc…

I think finding a random bot with limited tactical options due to bot type and weapons to fight with is a big mistake for this type of genre. I am very big on Royale games at the moment and everything the FreeJam devs are doing is not a good flow for the type of mode.

The only thing i could ask of the community rather then devs is please stop being yes men and criticise where it’s important. I criticise the current model because it does NOT fit the battle royale genre style or flow but i would love to see Robocraft as a battle royale in a more fitting way, more tactical and fun. IMO it needs a total rework from the core to succeed in the same light as the big boys.

ErlMarc
    Participant

I am pretty sure it says in the launch window that they are so confident in this game that they have a firm launch date of March 26th….. and I quote here from the webpage where it says……
    “We’re so close to being a viable polished game the we have a Steam Early Access date for March 26th, as a standalone PC game, priced at $19.99. If you like what you’ve seen so far please “Wish List us.”

They are just simply extending the testing of their experimental game into steam, you read the term “Early Access” right? and it has a note that comes with it stating it may contain bugs, etc that may be present in early development of games.

Yang_Tomoe
    Yang_Tomoe
    Participant

Honestly I must admit, I have no idea what the term “early access” means.

My understanding is that they are asking people to pay for it though yes? $19.99?

In my opinion, it’s not worth the money. Simply adding the term “early access”, adds no value to this product to me. Rather it seems to me to be an open admission that they are trying to sell a product that is unfinished.

I supported the development of Robocraft by becoming a “Premium for life” member back when Robocraft was in beta. I watched at first with interest, and then dismay as the DEV team betrayed the hopes and ignored the feedback of the community while they eviscerated the best parts of the game. So why would I agree to let myself be taken for a similar ride, by the same con-men who, stole my money once before, and left my life bereft of the hopes and dreams that we all had for the potential of that awesome game.

Oh goodness my gammer is terrible, yes I know. Thank goodness for spellcheck or this would be even more illegible.

I think i make my position fairly clear in my post: https://robocraftgame.com/forums/topic/keyboard-controls-3/ << Click here to see more!

That being said however; please feel free to explain further what your issue is with my post. I feel like i am missing something here; so if you don’t mind terribly, please by all means, proceed to educate me.

“I do sometimes accuse people of ignorance,
    but that is not intended to be an insult.
    I’m ignorant of lots of things.
    Ignorance is something that can be remedied by education.”

Richard Dawkins

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.