Login Register

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook YouTube

FJ please ruin bots

Home FORUMS Robocraft Discussions General Robocraft Chat FJ please ruin bots

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  For_The_Wind123 6 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

For_The_Wind123
    Participant

FreeJam people dont want some updates because they would ruin their bots feck them you have ruined like 30 drones of mine with speed boost was mad the first 2 days but then started building robots again. If what you need to do good updates is ruin peoples and my robots just fecking do it for gods sake it desnt fucking matter. (speed boost update was shit by the way). Please FJ your game is not perfect it needs change and you are going to ruin bots to do that just do it and earn our suffering quickly.

Rakrotay
    Participant

100% disagree, everything is going perfect imo lol.

shyguyk
    Participant

Only people i hear that from are people who play exclusively smg copters

For_The_Wind123
    Participant

Only people i hear that from are people who play exclusively smg copters

So true

Rakrotay
    Participant

Ok I was joking sorry, I agree 100% with the last sentance, balance must prevail!
    I don’t play a copter btwn xDDD

For_The_Wind123
    Participant

Ok I was joking sorry, I agree 100% with the last sentance, balance must prevail!

Yes the ruin our bots thing is me complaining about people not wanting things to be balanced out because it would make their bug abusing bot nonviable but the main objective is to let people know that to reach balance you need to make sacrifices and those sacrifices at the long run are wort it.

Nullpersona
    Nullpersona
    Participant

Only one can rule their decisions, fear of the consequences, or love of the game.

It is up to FreeJam, not us, to deal with these fears.

Cheers.

StereoMime
    Participant

Yea, I never understood the not breaking bots argument as an excuse to not pursue various balance approaches. If “breaking” means they physically are no longer legal constructions, yea that sucks and all, but as far as I am concerned just about every pre-mech leg bot I had became useless, and is why I deconstructed them all at one point or another for parts. If they dont want to make the game better so a handful of people dont have to remake a few bots, that is silly. very very silly. silly^2, silly^silly.

Redlegdaddy
    Participant

There will always be more meta to own w/e your playstyle is causing massive disruption at this point in the game is bad. This is not prerelease, alpha or beta the time for those changes is long past. Now is the time for small changes, polish and content. If your so concerned go play duplcraft aka infinty when it releases.

Wauzirex
    Participant

nope this little cancerous drones and copters become a problem again… since flak doesnt do enough against them…

Calastis
    Participant

imo , FJ is the problem at this point.

VintageGriffin
    Participant

I’m 100% in favor of breaking all of my bots if said breakage comes via the introduction of better, more sane, correct and believable physics. Like:

* the removal of boosts
    * less/no CoM assists
    * better synergy between different types of movement components
    * thrusters and props being the only way to boost your speed past your primary movement type’s limitations, becoming a big deal
    * mass and weight meaning something again ([ac/de]celeration)
    * less dumbed down, simplified physics like: wings applying forces directly to CoM so placement and symmetry doesn’t matter

For_The_Wind123
    Participant

(BUMP) FJ needs to see this

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.