Login Register

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook YouTube

Fix TX

This topic contains 25 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  SaveTheWhales 2 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Kompadrel
    Participant

I wonder if they remove energy to cpu by the time i come home

is tx core and outter layer of normal blocks any good then? Instead of module core? also that cube+tx combo reduces size of impact, so its harder to drill to the core which results in higher time to cripple.

I went almost all Tx with a few normal blocks on the underside to help with balance and to save a bit of CPU. No module. Just over 1550 CPU so plenty of energy for the Disintegrators.

SaveTheWhales
    Participant

You don’t even need to go to 2k CPU. I rebuilt an obsolete hover chassis I had laying around with mostly Tx blocks and mostly cube-spam and it’s ridiculously durable for its size, even more so than you might expect given that it comes in just under 2 million health.

It works as long as you aren’t trying to contest a point against a 3.3m.

At some point it just went from tanky to, “I am gonna take a nap”. And to think people here want MORE % bonus.

You don’t even need to go to 2k CPU. I rebuilt an obsolete hover chassis I had laying around with mostly Tx blocks and mostly cube-spam and it’s ridiculously durable for its size, even more so than you might expect given that it comes in just under 2 million health.

It works as long as you aren’t trying to contest a point against a 3.3m.
    At some point it just went from tanky to, “I am gonna take a nap”. And to think people here want MORE % bonus.

Yeah, I’m playing solo-queue TDM not platooned, competitive BA / LA.

We don’t need silly health bonuses which force people to cube-spam, we just need LMH blocks.

broken egg
    Participant

Is there a consensus for an hp/cpu amount? Or an amount where too much HP is non productive for gameplay.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 6 hours ago by  broken egg.
    • This reply was modified 3 days, 6 hours ago by  broken egg.

We don’t need silly health bonuses which force people to cube-spam, we just need LMH blocks.

+1

A higher TTK and stiff healing nerf would also be nice IMHO.

Nate998
    Participant

+1
    A higher TTK and stiff healing nerf would also be nice IMHO.

+1
    Absolutely. Healing and auto-healing has gotten WAY out of hand. Damage needs to mean something, otherwise, what’s the point.
    I noticed in the core reasoning for these changes he mentions how we don’t have to have ugly bots to get to the health level we want.
    What?
    I think he has the process backwards. I build for a quality bot first…not blockspam until I have a set level of health and then mold that mess into a bot.

SaveTheWhales
    Participant

I think he has the process backwards. I build for a quality bot first…not blockspam until I have a set level of health and then mold that mess into a bot.

Quality bot
    Complain about low TTK and autoheal

Yeah the joke writes itself. If you want to show off, at least don’t brag about how bad your bots are in the same post.

we just need LMH blocks.

I like the way you think.

Nate998
    Participant

Quality bot Complain about low TTK and autoheal
    Yeah the joke writes itself. If you want to show off, at least don’t brag about how bad your bots are in the same post.

?
    did I miss something?
    All I said was that I try to build a quality bot, as in design for ALL aspects, not just think that max health makes an automatically better bot. It doesn’t. If it’s poorly designed, all that health is for nothing. If you are referring back to where I mentioned how TX affected my plane; there is no bragging. I was pointing out that even though I lowered my block count to just 113, I STILL took a hit of over 200CPU and lost all ability to control mass distribution because of “normalization”. I WANT back my slopes with regular mass that is related to an objects volume, not type.

Someone seems to have issues with word usage. In what alternate universe is there any “showing off” going on,,.and how does one logically “brag” about how bad ones bot is…odd. We are here to discuss various aspects of TX blocks and the updates, don’t make it personal. In no way was any of that bragging…my apologies if I somehow gave that impression.
    @savethewhales ,I am not sure what your concern is, and you have written good thoughts in the past, so I am going to chalk it up to a misunderstanding. 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 days, 1 hour ago by  Nate998.

SaveTheWhales
    Participant

so I am going to chalk it up to a misunderstanding.

Sorry probably over-reacted when I see someone agree with “A higher TTK and stiff healing nerf would also be nice”.

Specifically the “Higher TTK” part. Things already take a minute to kill and do not need to be any higher than that. People asking for MORE armor bonus just drive me nuts.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.