Login Register

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook YouTube

Inaccurate Scoring

Home FORUMS Robocraft Discussions General Robocraft Chat Inaccurate Scoring

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  armageddon22 3 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

armageddon22
    Participant

An extra 76 points in damage makes up for giving away 2 kills? Nope…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Humangutan
    Participant

There are many problems with the scoring system in my opinion.

Yes – in TDM the player who is objectively the worst on your team can get the highest score because deaths give no negative score for example.

In LA damage gives roughly 10 times as much score as capping for some reason, and you get nothing for the often crucial job of contesting a point. Damage also gives too much score compared to kills and assists.

I think the score for healing allies is also too low now, although it used to be too high.

DragonStrike406
    Participant

FJ said many times that they are thinking about changing the scoring system so they are aware of this issue. However I bet they have other stuff to do right now like reconnect or bugfixes.

FreeJamDan
    Developer Jammer

Hey,

We’ve talked a lot internally about about the scoring system, how we should change it and what’s important to represent.

I personally don’t think it player should be punished in LA/BA for deaths but I not sure if it’s worth diverting dev time from other things to have a different scoring system for both game modes, especially as TDM, from my point of view, is more of a casual mode.

We do all agree however that point defense should be rewarded.

For now we’re focusing on improving other aspects of Robocraft but you should know that the scoring system is definitely on our radar.

Thanks,

Dan

especially as TDM, from my point of view, is more of a casual mode.

Maybe the idea that TDM is a casual mode is the problem why i feel the game sucks right now considering dev direction. What even makes it anymore casual then BA? Absolutely NOTHING lol!

Maybe i need to walk away as a player now.

FreeJamDan
    Developer Jammer

Maybe the idea that TDM is a casual mode is the problem why i feel the game sucks right now considering dev direction. What even makes it anymore casual then BA? Absolutely NOTHING lol!
    Maybe i need to walk away as a player now.

I would consider it a more casual mode because it is shorter and not ranked.
    I’m alway less invested in TDM modes in most games but if that’s not how you feel, well that’s just my opinion, I’ll pass yours along to the team.

I would consider it a more casual mode because it is shorter and not ranked.
    I’m alway less invested in TDM modes in most games but if that’s not how you feel, well that’s just my opinion, I’ll pass yours along to the team.

A fair enough opinion, not sure it holds true to battle royale games like PUBG etc…. because that’s how Robocraft felt like before BA. I respect the dev opinion though, you guys must know more than me on the issue. You could pass my opinion on but to be fair you guys have already been there and lost it years ago.

Wauzirex
    Participant

i personally dont like playing BA because there are too many tryharder and META players with all the same type of bots in it… i really more like TDM but i am very disappointed that you see this only as casual mode… in TDM is much more bot viarity than in other modes… but it would be nice if this mode gets something too in the future…

Wauzirex
    Participant

recently got a rusted crate for winning in BA because i was in SCOREBOARD the worst player only because i played the unthankful role of the tanky pointholder… the game really only benefit those who do damage and defending, contesting is nearly like not rewarded at all… this makes it really un-thankful to be the meatshield for all others.

this doesnt courage me to play more robocraft and i am ending closing the game… another thing is the medic role, feels ungrateful too but that belongs not here in this thread.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 21 hours ago by  Wauzirex.

Maybe the idea that TDM is a casual mode is the problem why i feel the game sucks right now considering dev direction. What even makes it anymore casual then BA? Absolutely NOTHING lol! Maybe i need to walk away as a player now.

I would consider it a more casual mode because it is shorter and not ranked. I’m alway less invested in TDM modes in most games but if that’s not how you feel, well that’s just my opinion, I’ll pass yours along to the team.

Only League Arena is openly ranked.

TDM is no more or less casual than BA and just as deserving of a scoring system that works.

Frankly the current hybrid system does not work well for either game mode.

cannonbk3
    Participant

not sure if it’s worth diverting dev time from other things

sergii is that you?

TDM is no more or less casual than BA and just as deserving of a scoring system that works.

I would agree that TDM is no less deserving of a relevant scoring system. It really doesn’t make sense that a feeder has the possibility to earn a higher score than the majority of their team.

Odinak
    Participant

We’ve talked a lot internally about about the scoring system, how we should change it and what’s important to represent.

I personally don’t think it player should be punished in LA/BA for deaths but I not sure if it’s worth diverting dev time from other things to have a different scoring system for both game modes, especially as TDM, from my point of view, is more of a casual mode.

Hey, this is 21st century. Build a neural network, train it using actual battles data and find out what is more importand and what is less important.

armageddon22
    Participant

Hey,

We do all agree however that point defense should be rewarded.

For now we’re focusing on improving other aspects of Robocraft but you should know that the scoring system is definitely on our radar.

Thanks,

Dan

Fair enough and I agree about LA/BA. I’m glad to hear it is on the radar.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.