The Return of Unranked – Coming Tomorrow
Tomorrow, March 30th, we’ll be rolling back the Robocraft clocks and putting some much community-requested features back into the game. If you follow our game director Mark Simmons on Twitter, you’ll already know that he recently alluded to some game mode changes in Robocraft. Well, we’re super-excited to announce that tomorrow we’ll be introducing a new ‘Play Screen’ and with it will come unranked ‘Battle Arena’ mode with the current ranked ‘Normal Mode’ becoming ‘League Arena’. The new League Arena mode will also include some additional rewards for players participating in this mode.
Continue reading below for the full breakdown of what’s coming in tomorrow’s update. Please note that we will release the full bug fix list after the update has been rolled out tomorrow.
- Unranked Battle Arena added to the game*
- New play screen
- Basic Mode has been renamed to Team Deathmatch
- Normal Mode has been renamed to League Arena
- Custom Games placeholder added (yes it really is coming soon)
- In League Arena, all players on the winning team will each receive a Protonium Crate and all players on the losing team will each receive a gold crate
- All League Arena players will now earn double XP
- All new players will now receive more starter blocks when they create their account so they can start building Robots straight away. In addition to the blocks on their starter Robots, new players to the game will also receive 2,000 solid square chassis cubes and 1,000 of each other common type chassis cube in their inventory
- New keyboard shortcuts (this affects new players only). Any player wishing to change their keyboard shortcuts can do so via the controls screen (accessed by pressing the escape key in the garage view)
- Team Deathmatch – H
- Battle Arena – B
- League Arena – L
- BRAWL – J
- The name of the game mode being played is now displayed on the pause menu
- Removed the game lobby for players levels 1-5 to decrease queue times for all players
- Disabled the dust particle on low quality graphic settings on the following maps:
- Ophiuchus Valley
- Spitzer Dam
- Tihonium Canyon
- Tharsis Rift
*The addition of unranked Battle Arena will mean the average player may see an increase in queue times to around 90 seconds. Those players with a high MMR should see improved queue times over their current averages. The queue times between ranked and unranked modes should be similar.