- I’ve just installed the game, what do I now?
- I have a great idea for a robot but I don’t have any or enough of the right parts
- How do I get more robot parts?
- How do I improve my robot?
- How do I get more Salvage Crates?
- I’ve opened a salvage crate and some of the items are locked to me, why?
- What does premium membership offer?
- What are the rewards for playing games?
- I love playing The Pit mode, what is my reward for playing that mode?
- How do I fight against other players?
- How is a game score worked out in matches?
- Why are some game modes locked out?
- How can I play battle games with my friends?
- How do I create a platoon?
- My friend created a kick-ass bot and uploaded it to the community factory to share with me but I cannot see it, why?
- What is CPU?
- How do I get more CPU?
- How do I get more experience points?
- How do I get into the League Arena?
- What is the highest Player Level and highest CPU?
- What is the quickest way to kill an enemy Robot?
- How often is Robocraft updated with new content, game modes, etc.?
- Can I publish YouTube videos of Robocraft, and can I monetize from them?
- How do I get into the Red Team?
- How does the match-making work?
- Ahhhh I can’t upload my robot to the Community Robot Factory!
- My robot has flipped in the arena, help!!
- How can I save time when building robots?
- How do I move my robot around the garage floor?
- Can I create a duplicate of one of my existing robots?
- How do I sell things?
- What are Robits?
- How do I recycle parts for Robits?
- What do the Helium Cubes do?
- I can not log into the game and I have verified my account, what do I do?
- When will Robocraft be out of Early Access?
- Robocraft is in Alpha, will my account be reset when it goes to Beta?
- Is Robocraft Pay to Win? Can I pay to win my games?
I’ve just installed the game, what do I now?
- When you play Robocraft, you have the choice of building a robot, modifying an existing robot in your garage (you get three for starters), battle against other robots or view fan-made robots in the Community Robot Factory (CRF).
I have a great idea for a robot but I don’t have any or enough of the right parts
- If you’re looking for a particular robot part, you can create it in the ‘Cube Forge’ (press F on your keyboard in any of the game areas except when in a battle).
- If you already own the part but it is used on another robot in your garage, you will need to remove it from the other robot to free it up.
How do I get more robot parts?
- You can get more parts by finding them in Salvage Crates or by making them in the Cube Forge.
How do I improve my robot?
- In Robocraft whenever you take part in matches or log-in you earn Salvage Crates which grant the players various cubes, cosmetic items and weapons to go in your inventory and apply to your robot.
- Salvage Crates are split into six different categories (Rusted, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond, Protonium) with the number of items contained in each crate dependent on game mode and activity. Items that appear in Salvage Crates are chosen at random.
- 50% of each Salvage Crates’ item slots aren’t available to all players unless they have a premium subscription.
How do I get more Salvage Crates?
- Salvage Crates are chock-full of fantastic robots parts that allow you to build amazing robots. You can obtain them by logging into the game daily and taking part in matches (either against other players or AI robots). You can also purchase them using your local currency in-game or out of game through Steam.
I’ve opened a salvage crate and some of the items are locked to me, why?
- 50% of all non-purchased crates contain robot parts that are locked and require premium membership to unlock.
- If you purchase premium membership directly from the crate opening page, all items will then be added to your inventory.
What does premium membership offer?
- Being a premium member bestows the following benefits:
- Double experience points (XP) which allows players to level up twice as fast in-game.
- Receive all items from a salvage crate, non-Premium players have access to 50%
- Gain access to the full palette of 16 colours instead of the standard 4; this will allow you to customise your robots even more.
- Two additional Platoon slots.
- Premium subscription can be purchased in 1 day, 3 day, 7 day, 30 day, 90 day and 180 day increments.
What are the rewards for playing games?
- In single player mode, you will receive the following salvage crates when you get 10, 25, 50, 100, 200 and 400 kills in a single match:
- In multiplayer team-based games, you will receive the following Salvage Crate reward based on your final game score position:
I love playing The Pit mode, what is my reward for playing that mode?
- In The Pit, which is a free-for-all game mode (everyone against everyone essentially), your Salvage Crate Reward is based on your scoreboard position.
How do I fight against other players?
- To play against other players you need to play one of the multiplayer game modes: Team Deathmatch, The Pit, Elimination, Battle Arena or League Arena.
How is a game score worked out in matches?
- Player kills, assists, healing of allies and objective captures all influence a player’s score in matches, and these are reflected on the in-game leaderboard.
- There are however other factors which also influence in-game scores including a points bonus for players who attack enemies harassing their allies and spotting enemies so that they appear on team-mates mini-maps.
- We have plans to make Robocraft’s scoring system more transparent in future updates as part of a drive to make the game more welcoming to new players while at the same time not sacrificing any tactical complexity.
Why are some game modes locked out?
- To access some of the multiplayer modes, you need to be a minimum of level 10. To access League Arena, you need to have a playable Robot with a CPU of 1,000 or greater.
How can I play battle games with my friends?
- If you’ve a bunch of like-minded battle-hungry friends, you can create a platoon of up to five members and engage in some multi-player Robot fisticuffs in many of the online battle modes. If you’re not a premium member, you can only create platoons with up to three players.
How do I create a platoon?
- Click on the ‘Social’ icon at the top of the screen and click on ‘Platoons’ button. Then simply type in your friends’ usernames to invite them to your Platoon. Your friends need to be online and in the game to receive a platoon invite.
My friend created a kick-ass bot and uploaded it to the community factory to share with me but I cannot see it, why?
- In the CRF (Community Robot Factory) you can only see robots that have the same CPU as you or lower. As you level up in Robocraft, your CPU will also increase.
What is CPU?
- All robots in Robocraft rely on CPU (Computational Processing Unit) and every cube which is added to a robot has a cost. Once this CPU limit is reached, players can no longer add new cubes to their robot.
How do I get more CPU?
- You get more CPU every time you level up in the game. You will receive an extra 10 CPU from levels 1-100 and 5 CPU from levels 101-150. The maximum amount of CPU you can obtain is 1750.
How do I get more experience points?
- Players earn more experience in-game by taking part in both single and multiplayer matches.
How do I get into the League Arena?
- When you reach level 50, your CPU level will be 1,000 – this is the minimum CPU required to enter the League Arena.
What is the highest Player Level and highest CPU?
- The highest Player Level you can reach is 150, at this level players unlock 1750 CPU.
What is the quickest way to kill an enemy Robot?
- Equip lots of weapons on your Robot and make it as agile as you can so that you’re a hard target to hit.
How often is Robocraft updated with new content, game modes, etc.?
- Robocraft tends to recieve major updates at a frequency of once a month, but this cadence can go up and down.
Can I publish YouTube videos of Robocraft, and can I monetize from them?
- Yes, it’s great if you publish videos of Robocraft on YouTube, and it’s fine to monetize from them.
How do I get into the Red Team?
- You are always in the blue team, the enemies are colored red on your PC and on their PC you are red.
How does the match-making work?
- The Match Making system takes into consideration CPU and the players recent win:loss record. It uses these parameters to try and balance the two teams as fairly as possible.
Ahhhh I can’t upload my robot to the Community Robot Factory!
- You need to ensure that the robot has both a title and a description.
My robot has flipped in the arena, help!!
- Stuck? Press F on the keyboard while in a battle to get yourself the right way up.
How can I save time when building robots?
- A great time saver when building a symmetrical robot is using the mirror mode. Simply press M on the keyboard when in ‘Edit’ mode
How do I move my robot around the garage floor?
- Use the arrow keys on your keyboard. Pressing the < and > keys will move your robot up and down vertically.
Can I create a duplicate of one of my existing robots?
- Sorry, this feature isn’t currently supported.
How do I sell things?
- You cannot sell robot parts, you can recycle them for Robits. Robits can then be used to ‘forge’ new parts.
- If you have built a cool robot, you can upload it to the ‘Community Robot Factory’ where other players can ‘buy it’ using Robits. If a player buys your robot using Robits from their current balance, you’ll receive some Robits in return. Please note that you will not receive payment if the players buys your robot using parts in their inventory.
What are Robits?
- Robits, are ‘Bits of Robots’ (hence the name) that are obtained by recycling unwanted robot parts.
How do I recycle parts for Robits?
- Click on the recycle cube icon or press C on your keyboard.
What do the Helium Cubes do?
- Each Helium Cube applies a constant force upwards.
- This force is reduced with vertical velocity, so it rises slowly (like a balloon).
- Helium Tank’s also have high ‘drag’, so adding them to your Robot will stabilize it in flight, but will also slow it down
I can not log into the game and I have verified my account, what do I do?
When will Robocraft be out of Early Access?
- Currently Robocraft is in an Alpha state. When the game is in stable state and the featureset is at a point where we as a development team are happy, we’ll exit Early Access. There currently isn’t a timeframe on this transition.
Robocraft is in Alpha, will my account be reset when it goes to Beta?
- No, we plan to never reset user accounts.
Is Robocraft Pay to Win? Can I pay to win my games?
- No, Robocraft is not ‘Pay 2 Win’. All robot parts can be obtained for free in Robocraft; however buying crates will give you access to parts faster. Owning more parts will not give you a ‘win’ over other players. To win in Robocraft, you need skills in both robot building and battling.
- A premium membership will give you double XP which allows you to progress through the levels faster. But this will not give you an advantage over other players. Again, winning games requires skill in both robot building and battling.