Login Register

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook YouTube

GeneralError; Proxy CONNECT aborted – HELP THREAD

Home FORUMS Robocraft Discussions Community Technical Help GeneralError; Proxy CONNECT aborted – HELP THREAD

This topic contains 53 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  arra90 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Neodork
    Honorary Jammer

Due to an excessive amount of reports here are the known fixes for the “GeneralError; Proxy CONNECT aborted” error. Freejam has said the following on the subject:

Thanks to @deadpool09

This means that if the fixes below do not work for you FREEJAM CANNOT HELP YOU.
    ————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–
    PLEASE NOTE: SOME PROGRAMS OR DRIVERS OVERWRITE YOUR PROXY BEHAVIOUR CAUSING YOUR PROXY SETTINGS TO REVERT BACK TO THEIR PREFERRED VALUES. BE SURE TO DISABLE PROGRAMS/DRIVERS THAT DO THIS.

Manually disabling the use of a proxy:

• Open Internet Explorer (by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.)
    • Click the Tools button (the gear), and then click Internet Options
    • Go to connections tab
    • Press on lan-settings
    • Make sure the proxyserver box is UNCHECKED
    • DO check the box “Automatically detect settings”

Credits to @phreakiedude

Or disable the proxy settings using the regedit (for the more technical users):

• Go to Start search (regedit)
    • After opening regedit u will see HKEY_CURRENT_USER open the tree (click on it)
    • Search for “Software” and open the tree (click on it)
    • Search for “Microsoft” and open the tree (click on it)
    • Search for “Windows” and open the tree (click on it)
    • Search for “currentversion” and open the tree (click on it)
    • Search for “internet setting” and open the tree (click on it)
    • Find ProxyEnable and Proxyserver, delete both (if you have them, DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING ELSE)

Credits to @tankiller123

Did I somehow confuse the credits? Feel free to correct me.

This thread is open for discussion

I SHALL START DELETING POSTS ADDRESSING THIS PROBLEM AS OF 24-08-2014

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  Neodork.

DeaDPooL09
    Participant

finally, there were a lot of posts like this…now one for all. i hope they can fix this faster then they can. it’s difficult known what program, driver or malware cause this “cancer”. in my experience you can also try to restart your pc more then 1 time(for no special reasons), sometimes it works.

Luthient
    Participant

Hi, I just downloaded this game and would like to play, I’ve gotten the error message and I’ve tried both or the routes you suggested to get rid of it. In the first instance every time I would uncheck the proxy box in the lan settings and apply changes it would be rechecked the next time I looked at it. For the second fix I would delete the proxyenable and the proxyserver and then exit regedit, then I would re enter regedit and there they were again. Does anyone know how I can do either of these fixes and have them stick?

Djoarkanum
    Participant

I have this same problem too! Someone can help us?

The_Roach
    Participant

Hi, I just downloaded this game and would like to play, I’ve gotten the error message and I’ve tried both or the routes you suggested to get rid of it. In the first instance every time I would uncheck the proxy box in the lan settings and apply changes it would be rechecked the next time I looked at it. For the second fix I would delete the proxyenable and the proxyserver and then exit regedit, then I would re enter regedit and there they were again. Does anyone know how I can do either of these fixes and have them stick?

from what i understand you cannot connect to the internet without a proxy. i have been able to get into the game by doing the proxy reset in internet options but it still creates problems. what you can try is doing either of those options then immediately trying to connect to the game.

Zeblote
    Honorary Jammer

If you know what you are doing you can delete those 2 registry values, then disconnect privileges inheritance for the internet settings key, and then block creation of new sub values in it. This will effictively lock out whatever program keeps resetting your proxy settings and you should then be able to play.

However you might also break something else along this, I’m not sure what else uses internet settings subkeys.

DeaDPooL09
    Participant

guys i solved my problem permanently, i’m so happy…. the problem was a program located on the hidden programs bar, that is dj hercules console, necessary to link virtual dj with the real console. so try to close everything is not necessary to play robocraft.( i have open only antivirus and steam)

Nervtom
    Participant

Do this!!! I did it and i succed!!!!

1. Do that what you normal do (first post)
    2. do that with ALL of your browsers!!!!

I tryed to do that with my main browser (firefox) but i saw i had Chrome installed and i did that what is at the first post
    and i succed!!!!
    oh and when you need help for your other browsers

: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/7921-web-browsers-how-to-disable-the-proxy
    there you can look how to disablede your proxy!

Enjoy Playing Robocraft! 😉

DeadlySquid123
    Participant

Hey Thanks Neodork I did that It did not help :/
    is there anything else I could do?

Icemusher
    Participant

I have same problem as Luthient, I uncheck it, I play the game, it doesn’t work, I go back to the Proxy box, and it’s checked again!

Poisson0
    Participant

I never get that error and I don’t know much about that but I found this;

Click to download “Microsoft Fix it”

Maybe it can help…

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  Poisson0.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  Poisson0.

Neodork
    Honorary Jammer

Are you sure your settings are not reverting back?

Do not post links to unknown download here.

Poisson0
    Participant

Do not post links to unknown download here.

It’s directly from Microsoft’s website as you can see when you mouseover. And it says “click to download” so there isn’t anything to trick people, it’s obvious it’s a download link and it’s safe. I can’t see any problem with that..

I just wanted to help but if it’s a problem you can simply delete my post..

Neodork
    Honorary Jammer

Post the link to the thread of Microsoft themselves if you want to help out. So people can judge if the fix actually fits their problem.

DeadlySquid123
    Participant

neodork when did I post a link?
    also I figured it out and im a idiot I kept checking the wrong box 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.