Login Register

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook YouTube

Freejam when is mega rail coming i hope in mk.3 custom.

Home FORUMS Robocraft Discussions General Robocraft Chat Freejam when is mega rail coming i hope in mk.3 custom.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  ≾ Sheepy ≿ 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Hue
    Hue
    Participant

– Turret rotation speed and elevation speed –> will have a hard time to hit the small and agile bots that would be most at risk by the alpha damage.

I feel that camera controls screws this up a tad.

The main reason I am not up for mega rails is because there are simply too many big bits already in the game. “Massively massive” is so meaningless now. I mean the megalazer was supposed to be the limit to weapon sizes in my opinion, but things are just still getting bigger. Megarail will just be another difficult to balance part that makes the megalazer seem even smaller. It may not even be viable with the maps, so I can just imagine it being another nightmare to tweak with so many parts that are already not viable. I mean this is all my opinion, but I guess this weapon could exist with custom games with people just banning it if they don’t like it or having a large map when these features become available.

The issue with big parts is that if you have this size for one thing… you pretty much need it for all the things.

Not only because of popular demand… but also because of balancing reason. An annoying issue with rail balancing is the impossibility ot properly balance the erazer with the mega SMG and Plasma.

Make it closer to the mega weapons… and it has a tendency to become op because it – compared to mega weapons – is pretty small . But make it closer to normal sized weapons and it fails to compete against mega weapons.

Then there is the primary/secondary paradoxon: Because erazer are not mega weapons, they are cheap enough in CPU to have a bunch of them on pretty much every competive bot design. Which in turn means that having a dedicated rail bot is simply uncompetive.

That duel ION killer hover can easily mount of few rails as an afterthought… and enjoys 90 % of the rail performance of a dedicated rail bot… while being a vastly superior combat design in all other areas… making it in total a much much better robot.

Dedicated railers or even primary ones require a substantial advantage over robot mounting rails as a secondary weapon. That advantage is unattainable with Erazer because they are so small and to cheap in CPU to be problematic to mount in secondary weapon numbers.

Mega Rail would make dedicated railers or robots maining rails competive again. Instead of slapping a few Erazers on your bot as an afterthought… you know really would have to devote 400 – 800 CPU to your rail weapons to get the most rail for the buck.

itshappening
    Participant

NO. NO MEGA RAILS. Robocraft’s weapon balance is already a completely broken mess, it doesn’t need to be made even worse. If there’s one thing Freejam doesn’t need to do it’s add mega rails. They’ve never even been able to balance regular rails(pro tip: sniper weapons are un-balanceable, they’re either OP or UP and nothing in between) so there’s absolutely no hope they’d be able to balance a mega version. FJ, never listen to the requests telling you to add mega rails. That idea needs to go in the NEVER DO pile.

AlexXalaros
    Participant

It’s not possible to balance mega rail. Forget about it.

it is. Just needs some old mechanics.

UNITGX48
    Participant

It’s not possible to balance mega rail. Forget about it.

It is possible to balance mega rail. I will not forget about it.

makishimazero
    Participant

Name : Rail Deleter (because Annihilator was taken)
    500 CPU per unit.
    Nominal count 3.
    Half garge diameter.
    10 000 energy per shot.
    Nominal count firerate 1/5 shot per second.
    Single gun firerate 1/15 shot per socond.
    Practically infinite damage but you’ll see below why this may not be as ridiculous of a thought as it may initially seem to be.
    It has piercing like other rails but this time it pierces a lot, the damage at each impact is actually pretty, punching a hole about only a mere single block in diameter against normal blocks, but it hits a lot of times, enough to pierce a narrow hole right through even the thickest of landships, but you can see that as narrow as the hole would be, against most bots the delivered damage wouldn’t be nearly as high as the total shot damage, in fact the total damage value would really matter if you’re trying to pierce through several mega mech legs or something like that.

I know this is pretty stupid but that’s the point of it.

Oh by the way, every shot would have so much knockback that it could knock a mech down on its back.

≾ Sheepy ≿
    Participant

give it ammo and maybe rail haters will be fine (I miss ammo)

UNITGX48
    Participant

Name : Rail Deleter (because Annihilator was taken) 500 CPU per unit. Nominal count 3. Half garge diameter. 10 000 energy per shot. Nominal count firerate 1/5 shot per second. Single gun firerate 1/15 shot per socond. Practically infinite damage but you’ll see below why this may not be as ridiculous of a thought as it may initially seem to be. It has piercing like other rails but this time it pierces a lot, the damage at each impact is actually pretty, punching a hole about only a mere single block in diameter against normal blocks, but it hits a lot of times, enough to pierce a narrow hole right through even the thickest of landships, but you can see that as narrow as the hole would be, against most bots the delivered damage wouldn’t be nearly as high as the total shot damage, in fact the total damage value would really matter if you’re trying to pierce through several mega mech legs or something like that.
    Oh by the way, every shot would have so much knockback that it could knock a mech down on its back.

Actualy… that’s a really good idea to balance it out… (don’t bother with the 10,000 power… just give it a 10 second cool down) an uber pen super rail every 10 seconds… you could give it an excessive damage amount and it would only be effective againced hard parts, direct hits to movement parts or weapons. 500 cpu? God no… 300 range is fine just give it the same hp/cpu ratio as tracks if you don’t want it to fall off. Nominal count should be 1… no one should be forced to build with more than 1, size should be 50% larger than MSMG

makishimazero
    Participant

I wanted to go really nuts with the CPU and size.
    The nominal count 3 is simply a refernce to the nominal count of 5 of epic rails instead of a more logical 4 or even 3.

UNITGX48
    Participant

The only thing I miss about ammo counts is that my 4 rail jumpjet lost its biggest advantage… it reloaded faster than other rails, which is probbobly why I could tolorate playing them through the horrible lows after crippling nerfs… I prefer the current system, and I don’t think I’ve seen an anti rail bullshit thread since the last camp fest

Select all vehicles~ I select all signs, still let’s me through

howardxu23
    Participant

The only thing I miss about ammo counts is that my 4 rail jumpjet lost its biggest advantage… it reloaded faster than other rails, which is probbobly why I could tolorate playing them through the horrible lows after crippling nerfs… I prefer the current system, and I don’t think I’ve seen an anti rail bullshit thread since the last camp fest
    Select all vehicles~ I select all signs, still let’s me through

Just realised your profile pic is a good concept of a mega rail size XD. And yes I WANT MEGA RAIL, NO MATTER WHAT,

Name : Rail Deleter (because Annihilator was taken) 500 CPU per unit. Nominal count 3. Half garge diameter. 10 000 energy per shot. Nominal count firerate 1/5 shot per second. Single gun firerate 1/15 shot per socond. Practically infinite damage but you’ll see below why this may not be as ridiculous of a thought as it may initially seem to be. It has piercing like other rails but this time it pierces a lot, the damage at each impact is actually pretty, punching a hole about only a mere single block in diameter against normal blocks, but it hits a lot of times, enough to pierce a narrow hole right through even the thickest of landships, but you can see that as narrow as the hole would be, against most bots the delivered damage wouldn’t be nearly as high as the total shot damage, in fact the total damage value would really matter if you’re trying to pierce through several mega mech legs or something like that.

This is a good idea even though there are some flaws ^^

Steampunk Skeleton
    Steampunk Skeleton
    Participant

I’d sure love a mega rail, made some concept art a long time ago

View post on imgur.com

≾ Sheepy ≿
    Participant

I’d sure love a mega rail, made some concept art a long time ago

View post on imgur.com

pew pew

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.