Login Register

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook YouTube

Freejam is killing his old community

Home FORUMS Off Topic Freejam is killing his old community

This topic contains 37 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  LEoREo_2247 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

@matucho234 , I think that most of the veterans that agree left over half a year ago, maybe earlier. Trying to call out to them is kind of stupid since they are not even remotely close to even know your name.

Don’t speak on behalf of me unless you either:
    A] Are my boyfriend
    B] Know damn well who I am. (Which for the most part the only person who can qualify for B is the only one who qualifies for A.]
    C] Are prepared for everyone else to flame you. (Unless you are said person who qualifies for A.)

And now i realize how little I know about you…

Vlada-Cut
    Vlada-Cut
    Participant
    Vlada-Cut
    Vlada-Cut
    Participant

Nero1024
    Participant

They listen to community. Try to read thousands of messages and synthesize the result. You will see how hard it is. I also agree there are stuff that dont have to be synthesized, but be concrete. For example, community asked to remove right mouse healing, they did it

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Nero1024.

Whoa now… Careful.
    FreeJam identifies as female.

Whoa now… Careful. FreeJam identifies as female.

*attack helicopter

leftofnever
    Developer Jammer

In no way at all are we trying to kill ANY of our community; we love all our players – whether they’ve been with us from the start or not.

And to say we don’t listen to our community is also incorrect – we do… however…it’s impossible to listen to every single voice in the community, all of whom are talking louder in order to get their voice heard. We have 10 million registered accounts – that’s a lot of voices for a small team to listen to. Imagine being in a full football stadium on a stage in the middle of the pitch and everyone else in the stadium talking to you.

You guys have some great ideas and we do take your feedback on-board. Just because we don’t change something you’re not happy with, it doesn’t mean we’re not listening..

Never forget that for us, the developers, Robocraft is our life – without it, we would have no jobs and there would be no game for you to play. We want Robocraft to succeed, we want it to be the best it can possibly be and sometimes it means we change things that some (not all) of our players do not necessarily agree or are happy with.

Robocraft has come along way in 4 years and for some players it isn’t the same game they enjoyed when they came to it. People enjoy different things – it’s a fact of life.

We don’t change things in order to kill our community.

SzQ
    Honorary Jammer

Drognin died because he found out conspiracy to kill robocraft veterans!

… totally legit theory.

MR-001 [God Cat]
    Participant

Robocraft has come along way in 4 years and for some players it isn’t the same game they enjoyed when they came to it.

Well, at least, now it got proven they partially know what the issue is.
    Now, imagine this situation. You buy yourself a physical disk of GTA V, you play it and you love it, but then, mid playthrough, the game changes itself to Saints Row IV, a game you hate and that is somewhat of a poorly made crappy copy of the game you were playing before. Whatever you do, though, you can’t have GTA V back, you wanna get back to it, but everytime you boot up the game it’s Saints Row, which is not at all how you remember GTA to be like.
    That’s the feeling I got with the Robocraft changes FJ made. I remember the game I used to enjoy, wanna get back to it, but when I launch it, it’s a different game I don’t like. Aggravated by the fact I actually payed for the game. I was that guy who bought over 100 bays with his own money. Now I can’t even take part of my builds into battle because of “cubes placed incorrectly”. And who remembers those Alignment Rectifiers I used to decorate stuff? They said at the time, and the community really asked for it, that they were re-adding them as cosmetics. Two or three years have passed since they said that… Is it that hard to add a cosmetic? Did people ask not to add it? Are you even surprised that I believe they are never going to be adding custom games, or, if they do, it’s gonna be some really underwhelming thing?

leftofnever
    Developer Jammer

Now, imagine this situation. You buy yourself a physical disk of GTA V, you play it and you love it, but then, mid playthrough, the game changes itself to Saints Row IV, a game you hate and that is somewhat of a poorly made crappy copy of the game you were playing before. Whatever you do, though, you can’t have GTA V back, you wanna get back to it, but everytime you boot up the game it’s Saints Row, which is not at all how you remember GTA to be like. That’s the feeling I got with the Robocraft changes FJ made. I remember the game I used to enjoy, wanna get back to it, but when I launch i…

The difference there is that my purchased copy of GTA V is a final game; it isn’t an ALPHA / Steam Early Access game. If I had purchased an early access / Alpha state game, I would have purchased it with an understanding that it may change during the development cycle.

The difference there is that my purchased copy of GTA V is a final game; it isn’t an ALPHA / Steam Early Access game. If I had purchased an early access / Alpha state game, I would have purchased it with an understanding that it may change during the development cycle.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

UNITGX48
    Participant

Whoa now… Careful. FreeJam identifies as female.

*attack helicopter

LoL

Sadly many people do not understand this, common knowlage is not that common… also you have some stuff on the site to update, we are not alpha anymore we are beta

Vlada-Cut
    Vlada-Cut
    Participant

SO TRUE.
    Well said Lefty, well said…

MR-001 [God Cat]
    Participant

Yes, but I never expected that they would screw up this bad. This wasn’t “changing during development cycle”, this was changing from the goal of making a creative game to the goal of making a competitive game, which can never be, and plenty of people have explained why already. This was straight up lie multiple times.
    And as much as you are making a good job in replying to a bunch of threads, which I support, for a company that worries itself so much about “name and shame” in forums to the point of censoring names in threads even if the writer isn’t shaming anyone, a developer entering an argument directly countering a player’s opinion, and even baiting the rest of the community to mock that player, is not a good policy in my book. I don’t want and I don’t need to be associated to such behaviors and I now reached the point of not wanting to support this game, developers, and community at all anymore, not even in hopes. So, au revoir, like the French say, only not to say the other sort of things they are known for saying.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Freejam is killing his old community’ is closed to new replies.